Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! - Revit Download Links Finally

Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home. Home! And this is my room, and you're all here. And I'm not gonna leave here ever, ever again, because I love you all, and - oh, Auntie Em - there's no place like home!

This isn't even posted on the Autodesk website yet, but it was easy enough to figure out from the 2008 links:
You are the very first people in the world to get the 2009 versions of Revit. Please remember to tip your blogger on the way out. If you've enjoyed my blog, don't be shy and please send me a comment.

If you haven't already, please subscribe to this blog for updates and service packs for 2009 products and to be the first to know anything about Revit 2010.

Revit Architecture Suite - Revit Download
http://www.revitarchitecture2009.com/ or
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2009/RAC-S2009.exe

Download this link only if you don't have the suite - Revit Architecture Standalone
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2009/RAC2009.exe

Revit Structure Suite - Revit Download
http://www.revitstructure2009.com/ or
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/Structure2009/RST-S2009.exe

Download this link only if you don't have the suite - Revit Structure Standalone
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/Structure2009/RST2009.exe

Revit MEP Suite - Revit Download
http://www.revitmep2009.com/ or
http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/RME2009/RME2009.exe


OK, it's time to play the game "Flood the Server". Here's how you play. Send this post to every Revit user you know and tell them to start downloading your Revit 2009 file now.

Thank you all for visiting www.revit3d.com, especially for the last 2 months. I'm pleased that I could provide all of you the information you were looking for.

I promise to do the same for the next few years.
Next year, starting February 10th, visit http://www.revit2010.com/ and I'll start posting information on the 2010 version as soon as it becomes available.

I do have one request of you. If you have an office in Florida, we'd love to be your reseller. I'm sure your current reseller hasn't put this much effort and passion into really helping you.

If you're anywhere in the United States, we do training (live & remote), technical support, implementation and coordination between all Revit disciplines. If you're looking for more out of Revit, we're happy to help you get there.

We're the US Distributor for Broutek and are resellers for e-Specs, Riverbed, CostX, Adapt, Reed BIM Library Manager and IES. If you have questions, want a demo or pricing, please contact me.

I think I'm going to take a few days off from the blog so you can absorb all this.
Gregory

PS. Will, thanks for your post this morning. It was truncated so I couldn't get it to work, but you inspired me to figure out the link. Thank you. (Will informed me he got the link from an AUGI post, so we'll have to give Will and AUGI credit.

Note to other bloggers: If you're going to copy these links, please give my blog the proper credit.

14 comments:

David April 15, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

Don't forget Maxwell Render

Gregory Arkin April 15, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

...but we don't sell Maxwell Render...
I'll call them and see if we can become a reseller...

Ermin,  April 15, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Finally!!! These last days seemed like years. Now all we need is a OSX version of Revit.

Anonymous,  April 15, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

Weeee! :) Finally!
Thanks a lot, Gregory!

Nick April 15, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

Thanks for the links! Been waiting for this... However, curious if you've tried a deployment? I can't get a deployment to work, as I get an error that says "the copy functions cannot be used" then it goes on to say it can't copy revit.msi from c: to the network location... I also tried a 2008 deployment just to test, and it worked fine... Please let me know anything you know... Thanks!
Nick

Adrian April 15, 2008 at 9:52 PM  

Gregory,
It is as good as you made it out to be Reviteers unite! Thanks for all your posting diligence and dimentia (I too was up late last night!)

Anonymous,  April 15, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

Wow. I've been following your blog for the past two months. You're awesome and I love the hard work you've put into Revit. I can tell you two things.

First, I'm moving to Revit and it's because of all of the great stuff you've put on your site. It's evident Revit is going to replace Autocad and very soon. I've been using Autocad for 10 years and I have never seen this much information on a daily basis on any Autodesk product.

Second, I'm switching resellers to you. I've been using a national firm and they just don't give a crap about me and the software I use. My salesperson keeps trying to convince me to buy Autocad Architecture. He apparently has no clue as to what's going on in the industry.

Gregory, expect a call from me tomorrow. I hope you take credit cards.

Eric April 16, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

I installed Revit 2009 on two computers. One is a Vista machine, the other an XP machine. Vista install works flawlessly. XP install, I cannot do anything with out it crashing. Any tips?

Gregory Arkin April 17, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

Eric, when/where is it crashing? During install or while using the program?

Eric April 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

When using the program. It crashes upon opening. If it opens, it crashes when I open a 2008 file during upgrade. If it manages to open that, it crashes with whatever I do next. I'll be reinstalling it today and keep you updated.

Eric April 17, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

I reinstalled. I managed to upgrade my project and manipulate a couple generic models. I clicked to save and it crashed again. This is really discouraging.

Gregory Arkin April 17, 2008 at 6:12 PM  

Couple of thoughts.
Are you using 4gb of RAM and if yes, have you enabled the 3gb switch?

Have you tried upgrading a model, saving it in Vista, then opening it on the XP machine and resaving it?

Can you start a new model in XP and then save it?

Basically, are you just having issues with XP upgrading models?

I'm on XP and have had 1 model crash, but it's a huge file.
See if it's based on file size that only bigger models are crashing.

The worst thing about all this is that all techs are in Dallas for Autodesk 2009 Tech Training.

What state are you in and have you talked to your local reseller's tech support?

If you're on subscription, you can send the model to Autodesk and they can try to fix it.

Eric April 17, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Ok, well I went through all the standard tech steps people usually go through. The thing that fixed it- upgrading graphics driver. My drivers weren't too old in the first place, so I was suprised to see that as the issue. For future reference, I have a Nvidia Quadro 1400 (pci-express).

Thanks so much for the help, gregory.

Gregory Arkin April 17, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

It was all you, but thanks. I'm glad you fixed it.

I'll make a post about it in case others run into the same problem.

Now you can fully enjoy Revit!

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]