Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Revit Tip: Revit Wall Cleanup

Question:
I just had a quick question that I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere. I am working on a temporary classroom for a local school. The walls consist of (from interior out) : 2 layers 5/8" gyp., 3 5/8" metal stud, 1/2" sheathing, rigid insulation, air gap, and brick veneer. The problem I am having (and I have tried it with numerous types of walls) is when I go into the wall properties and then click modify, unlocking the base of the brick, I then go into a section of the building and pull the brick down to its respective shelf. When I do this the wall does not clean up correctly. I tried this with many different sidings. Immediately after I unlock the bask of the Finish and pull it down it does not clean up. Please tell me you have ran into this problem, or know someone who has. Is there a different way or workaround to bring brick or a shelf or bringing siding down and overlapping the foundation?

Answer:
At the current time that is a pretty significant limitation of doing a wall in the manner that you're trying to do it.. The workaround is to create 2 separate walls consisting of the, 2 layers 5/8" gyp., 3 5/8" metal stud, 1/2" sheathing, rigid insulation, and air gap followed by the second wall consisting of the brick veneer only, that way, you can get the results you need..

1 comments:

Jeff,  August 1, 2008 at 4:34 PM  

There is also another work around that I found when I ran into this problem. Stacking the wall on top of a simple brick wall. This way you do not have to join geometry in order for the walls to clean up at doors and windows. I hope someone sees this post that can possibly fix this glitch and make Revit even MORE efficient than it already is. I am going to email Greg a screen shot of the problem so it could be better understood.

Thanks!

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]