Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I can't believe nobody noticed - Ribbon update

So, I'm playing with Revit Arch 2010 and I'm looking and looking and looking and can't find the rendering button on the toolbar.

I can't believe Autodesk removed rendering from Revit. Just kidding. They're still working on the product, so I guess this is normal.

Well, I wanted to test the rendering speed and since there's no button, I looked in the keyboard shortcut text file and found 'RR' starts rendering. It must be my imagination because it's a lot faster than 2009. At least I think it is. I will run a test and compare.

In the meantime, here's a test rendering. Nothing special done regarding lighting or materials. I must admit, adding JR to a decal really made the wall look better.

Update 2/12/09: A little birdy just sent me a blog comment (Thank you Mr. Stafford). There's a little teapot at the bottom of the Revit window that opens the rendering dialog. Funny, I did look down there but didn't pay attention.

I took the same file and rendered it in 2009 and 2010. About the same rendering speed. The black barrels are in 2009 and the white barrels are in 2010. Don't know why that happened.
I just did Render, Best, Go. Nothing special. You can click on each picture for larger images.


2 comments:

Steve February 12, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Just click on the little "Teapot" on the View Control Shortcut Bar at the bottom of your view. That's the "spot...of tea" for it now.

Erik February 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM  

The Black Barrels look like they don't have a material defined for them. I bet if you check the Rendering Appearance of the material it doesn't point to anything.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]