Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Friday, February 20, 2009

IPD by the numbers 2D 3D 4D 5D 6D

1D = program data
2D = length and width or program requirements
3D = height or building information model
4D = time or schedule or construction sequence
5D = cost and resources of a project

Which leaves us with 6D

So, I'm thinking that 6D is the combination of 1 - 5, add in the contractual level of Integrated Project Delivery, people, process, workflow and the human factor.
I've just registered IP6D.com. I hope I'm right about this and it is the next logical number and advanced in the AEC industry.

I did find one blog post: http://bimandipd.blogspot.com/2008/02/bim-and-2d-3d-4d-5d-6d.html where they say it's FM, but I'm going to say that's part of BIM or 5D.

6D is 3D x 2. A doubling of the power of 3D. I definitely think I'm on to something big!
Anyone want to give some feedback? Don't be shy.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]