Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tales from from inside

I just received an anonymous note from one of my readers. Sounds like a lot of resentment from someone having to work on the weekend. How many other people out there reading this have gone through the same thing? I've kind of moved beyond features of Revit in my daily conversations with prospects, but he does bring up a great point. Revit automatically creates all schedules including door, window, roof, wall, rebar, fixture, furniture, curtainwall and many more. Revit also automatically create all numbering of sections, elevations, callouts, details, door window and room numbers. Just thought I'd mention that for the newbies.

So, here's the contents of the note I received:

Hi everyone reading this blog. To give you a brief background, I am currently a project manager with 12 years of experience in the architecture business and am stuck at my office on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I am manually checking my CDs before they go out for permit in order to make sure that all my tags, and information is coordinated within the set.

The reason why I am telling you this is because I am the guy that has been going to my bosses explaining to them the benefits of REVIT, but yet find myself wasting my Saturday (and Sunday) doing tasks that could have been avoided by using REVIT.

There needs to be some way for the principals to understand that in order to run a successful business, we must stay ahead of the curve and use technology to help us keep every penny that we earn. Since our fees haven't changed in what seems decades, now is the time to make the most of our time and be as efficient as possible.

To all you considering if Revit is 'it', well all I can say is ,would you
rather be spending your weekends at home with the family or at your office doing redlines and not even getting compensated for it, because as a professional ,you'll go the extra mile and put in the non paid OT to get the job done right.

I've been reading Greg's blog for 2 years now and it gives me hope that someday my bosses will see it and realize that its well worth the money because it maximizes our use of personnel and time.

Sincerely,

The guy stuck in a 2D-world office.

2 comments:

arkitect75 February 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

He shouldn't complain. At least he HAS a job.

Gregory Arkin February 24, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

That's actually a very good point...but they were on the verge of closing their doors.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]