Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Revit3D News of the day

I found Revit Structure 2010 available for download on Subscription Center today. Apparently my AUGI forum post in the Revit Architecture section was commented on. I just wanted them and you to know that if you're on subscription, you may be able to download Revit before the ship date.

Also, by accident, I found out that FM Desktop can now be referred to as FM Deadcrap. I've been updating our Autodesk pricebook and it's lovely 4,000 line items and hadn't noticed it. It was only when I exported our entire historical pricebook and sorted it to compare 2009 to 2010 products did I notice that something was missing in the FM Desktop section.

No worries, we're a reseller of Cadapult FM which seems to be a very solid program. I'm sure with no competition, they'll have a Revit connection soon enough. Now I have to update www.BIMcycle.com by removing FM Desktop. In the meantime, take a look at CadapultFM.com's website. If you're interested in pricing or more info, please contact me.

If you're going to say your a BIM Architect, you're going to have to plan on including more data for the end user and facility managment. That's what BIM's about isn't it? Give the owner a data rich model and building that can be maintained through a database? Just something to consider in the little BIM vs big BIM battle.

That's it. Slow news day

1 comments:

Daniel Hurtubise,  April 7, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

Definitely leaves the market with one serious FM solution, Archibus. I'm lucky enough to start using it way back and now they have a first integration with Revit.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]