Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Sunday, May 3, 2009

The effects of Revit on one person in their own words

For those of you on the fence, I just wanted to share this little exchange I had with one of our newer clients. Just to give you a little insight into his final response, Juan has now completed our Revit Architecture Essentials, Revit Architecture Advanced class and Revit MEP Essentials classes in the last 2 months. He even overcame the obstacle of 15 years of AutoCAD experience to move quickly to BIM.

Original email:

From: juan orozco

Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:42 PM

To: Gregory Arkin

Subject: Questions


Hello. I spoke to someone today at CADD Centers and she told me to write to you with my questions. I am an Architect from Venezuela and I have worked with AutoCAD since the beginning of my studies. I started with Version 10. Never really got into the 3D part of it, even though I could get by. I bumped into Revit and in talking to Architect friends in Atlanta and other places about it and we agree on the fact that it is more powerful and complete.


So my questions are: What course do you recommend that will not just give me a general idea of Revit but explore and explore all its possibilities applied to Architecture and some Engineering? I used to build high end homes in Palm Beach and Jupiter and cannot understand why companies do not present the projects in 3D and animations. Can Revit do this as well? If you need to, call me do so at 561 568 xxxx.


Thank you


Juan Carlos Orozco

So, I'm cleaning up old emails, found the one above and emailed Juan on Friday

From: Gregory Arkin

Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:32:06

To: Juan Carlos Orozco

Subject: RE: Questions


I was cleaning up old email and found this one. Who was the guy who wrote this? Look back at this email and tell me what you think now?


Gregory

...and Juan's after training response

On May 1, 2009, at 6:34 AM, "juan orozco " wrote:

Hey Greg


Obviously the guy who wrote it belonged to the Stone Age. Thanks to CADD Centers and your vast understanding and domain of Revit, now the person moved onto the appropriate era. The Modern Age.


Thank you again



JC


PS: I am currently designing a restaurant in Utah and have done it with ease and freedom. May AutoCAD be laid to rest.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T


So, if anyone out there is looking for an architect who knows Revit Architecture and MEP, let me know and I'll get you in touch with Juan. Because of his background in construction, I've never seen anyone pick up Revit so quickly.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]