Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Architectural/Construction Coordination issues.

On occasion while trolling the internet, I come across various pictures that I want to use in a future blog post. Well, I was cleaning up my hard drive today and came across this photo.

*What's the first thing that comes to mind when you see this picture?
*Coordination failure?
*Intentional design?
*Change Order was going to be too much?
*Contractor: " F... it. If it's on the plans like that, we'll build it just like that."
*Someone used the wrong grid lines.
*It was supposed to be on the first floor.
*This is what happens when you hire the cheapest consultant you can find.
*There's no pool drain or pool lights.
*How much extra did it cost to build it like that?
*Developer: "What do you mean you can't put in a diving board. I promised my wife, there'd be a diving board and I don't care what it costs."

Well, those are my thoughts. Does anyone know where this building actually is? You'll get extra credit on your homework if you can tell me the answer. How much extra do you think it cost to build the pool like that. Structural costs? The glass and waterproofing? Would this have been approved in an IPD project?

****
Thank you Charlie who solved the mystery of the photo
Charlie has left a new comment on your post:
I found it via a Google image search. It's the 10th floor pool on The Joule, a hotel in Dallas, Texas.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=3321#photo_section_0Link

2 comments:

Charlie,  June 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM  

I found it via a Google image search. It's the 10th floor pool on The Joule, a hotel in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3321

Reviteer2009 June 11, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

So this thing is for real? Wow, I would like to have been in that room when this was first discussed.......

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]