...aren't you glad I'm back posting? Wanted to give all of you a heads up with this, but it's not actually on the website yet. I'm sure it'll be published any minute. Of course I'll let you know when it's live. I gotta tell you. I love being the first person on the planet to post these types of things. Here's a really long list of fixes for you and they added back the 2009 design bar (ha! just kidding.)
AUTODESK® REVIT® ARCHITECTURE 2010
(looks like it may not be released unitl probably on our around July 6th)
Update Enhancement List
Improvements made in Update 1 build (20090612_2115):
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture Enhancements
- Dragging a ribbon panel near a view no longer causes the view to pan.
- Improvements to color fill output when exporting to DWFx.
- All reference callouts, sections, and elevations will mirror when project is mirrored.
- When the sheet view is active, ribbon commands display the correct UI state.
- “Is Reference” Instance Property is available for reference points.
- Commands in Print Preview mode can now be accessed by keytips.
- Improves stability when printing.
- Decal image path is now saved.
- Disables the “Add to Quick Access Toolbar” option when tool already exists on Quick Access Toolbar.
- View Control Bar no longer shows old and new state of commands until the view is redrawn.
- Improved detail level icons in the View Control Bar.
- Improvements to form creation and editing of conceptual masses
- Improvements to divided surfaces on conceptual masses.
- Improved graphic performance when using View Cube® navigation tool.
- Images will now display in print preview and print correctly.
- Improved stability when printing to PDF.
- Type Selector preview images update for types created by Duplicate Type command.
- Type Selector will remain added to Quick Access Toolbar when opening a new Autodesk Revit Architecture session.
- When multiple contextual tabs are available, the proper contextual tab will be displayed when clicking on the Options Bar.
- Improved stability when multiple sessions of Autodesk Revit Architecture are running.
- Duplicate icons from ribbon and application frame no longer appear in the Options Bar.
- Improved stability when plotting or exporting.
- Alt+Numeric keypad entries will create the expected special text character
- Improved ribbon display issues.
- TIFF images will display correctly in plan after project is reopened.
- Relinquish all when closing a local file now works if there is a new view, family or workset in the project.
- Selecting Boundary when creating a ramp or stair no longer reverts back to Run option.
- Flip controls are now available in the Detail Component family editor.
- ADSK file from Autodesk® Inventor® software no longer loses custom UCS information in Autodesk Revit Architecture.
- Application frame size is saved between sessions.
- Reveal Hidden Elements and select keyboard shortcut enabled in family environment
- Select previous keyboard shortcut is now available.
- Raster export to DWF™ format will follow quality settings.
- On Quick Access Toolbar, moved Sync to Central command next to Save command.
- Improved visibility of Tab highlights when in thin line mode.
- Modified section and elevation command icons.
- Room/Area Tag, Column, Keynote Tag, and Component/Repeat Detail/Legend Component drop-down buttons on the ribbon will now relfet the last-used command.
- Improved precision of parameters in families using type catalogs.
- Improved display of shadows.
- Improvements to IFC export.
- Improved display of color fills in elevation views
- In Export to AutoCAD® Civil 3D® software dialog, location tab now lists the correct setting for angle of rotation measured from.
- When exporting to TIFF or PNG, the sky alpha channel will now properly drop out.
- Improved wall-by-face creation on imported masses.
- Wall wraps will display correctly in detail views.
- When exporting wall joins into DWG with shared coordinates, all collinear lines are now merged.
- Improved stability when using parallel wall join cleaning switch described in the
- Revit Performance Technical Note.
Autodesk Revit API Enhancments
- Suppressed Revit inaccuracies warnings during transaction when generating geometries using massing API
- Associated LinearArray's NumMembers property with Family parameter.
- Dissociated FamilyParameter from Label property of BaseArray and Dimension
- Provided a tool to update reference path of RevitAPI.dll for samples.
- Provided an update to DistanceToPanels sample.
- Improved stability when creating NewReferencePoint with PointOnEdge that references a ModelCurve.
- Floating point values are no longer reset when crossing from managed code to unmanaged code.
- In the Print API, ViewSheetSetting.Save() no longer raises an InvalidOperationException when the user removes all views.
- A meaningful exception will be raised when incorrect sketchPlane is used in NewSweep(,,SketchPlane,,,).
- FamilyManager.Set() can now assign ElementId value to parameter
- Improved stability when using DocumentOpened event and linked files.
- Improved stability of VSTA.