Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We interrupt my LEED studying for this special bulletin about AU2009

Well, I just received an email from Autodesk University. I was very disappointed that I was rejected for 5 class proposals. Well, maybe next year, I'll be approved for more than the one class that I was approved for. Yeah baby! I'm going to Vegas and I'm still in shock that I got approved to teach a class. I'm still stuneed and after the shock wears off, I want to get a head start as it's such a critical topic for the BIM Contractors.

This fits in so perfectly with the direction my company has taken with Revit and BIM.
I'm excited about getting in deep into the construction side of things. If you think about it, take any project and what percentage of the money is spent on design and what percent is spent on construction management, labor and materials. Well, back to my LEED study guide for now.

Here's the title of one class that didn't get approved. I submitted it just because I thought the title was hysterical:
I'm a 2D CAD user and BIM-Curious. How to convince your firm that you're right and they're wrong about Revit.

Here's the class I was approved for.

BIM Bids Only! How to get your subcontractors to bid a Revit project

Submitted: April 30, 2009
Class Description:
A bidding process is part of the subcontractor's business. They can build in the cost for software and training needed, but will only do so if it is required to get the job. In this class, we will discuss the ways to support the contractors who need to have the subs participate in the BIM project from beginning to end. Learn how to modify your bid and subcontractor agreements to integrate your subcontractors and suppliers into your BIM world.

  • Track: Architecture and Building Design, Construction and Real Estate
  • Industry:
  • Expertise: All Levels
  • Type: 90-Minute Class
  • Key Learning: Pitfalls and Profits from becoming a BIM Contractor, How to not have your subcontractor's bids skyrocket when you add the word 'Revit', What Navisworks Manage means to you and your subcontractors, What are the BIM Deliverables, Clash Detection and Preconstruction Risk Management Lifesavers
  • Audience: General Contractors, Owners, Developers, Subcontractors
  • LT Relevant: No
  • Primary Software: Revit Architecture
  • Other Software: Autodesk Buzzsaw, Autodesk NavisWorks, Revit MEP, Revit Structure,
  • Tags: Contractors, Bidding, 2D to 3D conversion, Risk Mitigation, Clash Detection
  • Other Autodesk Events: No
  • For Continued Education: No

2 comments:

William June 17, 2009 at 2:34 AM  

Way to go...maybe next year you will get all of your classes selected!

Anonymous,  June 21, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

one for one here on proposals

Implementing CAD Standards in Educational Settings

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]