Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Monday, June 15, 2009

What ever happened to Gregory's frequent postings?

I've been buried deep in studying for the LEED NC exam scheduled for next week.
I really had no idea how much information you had to study and know for the LEED AP designation. As I work through all the intents, requirements, standards and submittals, I can't help but wonder how many LEED items can be enhanced by using Revit.

LEED Daylighting EQ8.1 is an easy one . I imagine some schedules that calculate various requirements based off of FTE or adding parameters to figure out Reuse, Waste and Recycled Content would be great. As soon as I'm done with the test, I'm going to go into our lab and ask our techs to whip up some Revit templates so green building designers can take advantage of Revit.

In the meantime, it's back to practice exams and flash cards for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  June 16, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

If you go to the Autodesk Unitersity site & look-up a class called "LEEDing the Way" there is a Revit Template from which to start with; it's version 2.2, but can be updated to 3.0; there is also a list of what can be done in Revit or in other softwares or none at all; check it out.

Ethan June 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

Hey Gregory,
I am a proud Alum of CADD Center of Florida (Revit Essentials '08). Took the class via Webcast taught by your awesome instructor Mark.
I read your email newsletter/blog posts religiously and the other day my curiosity was piqued when you mentioned that you were studying for the LEED exam. Typically I stay down and just read and learn everything I can about LEED,BIM,IPD and Revit. It is exciting to see the evolution and growing acceptance of the aforementioned.
But I wanted to ask you if you are using any of the LEED exam prep services out there(other than LeedVisual)? Also, have you taken the test before?
I am preparing for the test as well and it is pretty overwhelming. I am nervous about the test and am considering purchasing one of the many test
prep courses......
Thanks and good luck with your test!

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]