Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The BIM Leader: Growing Pains [BIM Blog]

I swear there's a new Revit or BIM or LEED blog popping up every day. Here's one that I'm sure will be interesting and you should follow. It was born this past Wednesday. The proud father is Cesar Trevizo. I had the pleasure of speaking with Cesar a few weeks ago. Cesar, I'm secretly hoping my blog help inspire you to create your own.

I'd like you all to visit is blog and leave him lots of welcome comments. That'll force him to have to write lots of blog posts so you can learn from his Revit implementation. Good luck Cesar and happy blogging journeys. At least for today, you should now get some higher traffic.

http://thebimleader.blogspot.com/2009/08/growing-pains.html

The BIM Leader: Growing Pains: "Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Growing Pains
My Photo
No better way to describe how I learned all about Revit than what the title states; I joined the Firm that I'm with 3 years ago on the 1st of August and no better way to celebrate it than creating a Blog about my experiences in the Revit World, but a little more about me before desert."

No better way to describe how I learned all about Revit than what the title states; I joined the Firm that I'm with 3 years ago on the 1st of August and no better way to celebrate it than creating a Blog about my experiences in the Revit World, but a little more about me before desert.

I grew up around the Houston Area & worked here till I went to California to get a little more diverse experience in Architecture then some time later the Housing Meltdown began and I had a little "Birdy" that told me it was only the tip of the ICE BERG, & thank God I got outta' Dodge before $%!# hit the ceiling to land back in one of the more stable areas of the Country. The best thing I brought back was discovering Revit for myself and not having to deal with so many "Flakes". LOL

The AEC firm I joined was introduced to BIM a few months before I joined & one of the Offices had just started a Pilot project, to which I later transfered to, and so Started my "Growing Pains" becoming a BIM Leader. The frist BIM project was thrown into the middle of was half CAD & Revit then from there it was Revit to the Max. We quickly discovered how important it was to quickly develop Office wide "Standards/Best Practices/Families" ASAP; and OH MY has it been a long road to have something with substance in Place. If anyone out there is with an A/E firm with multiple offices they know what I mean (Politics, Groups & "Committees"...OH My), but it makes "Climbing up that Mountain" an even more "fullfilling" experience, any "Competitor" knows what I mean......

About Me


Cesar Trevizo
I'm a BIM Leader at a major AEC firm in Houston. I grew up around the Construction Industry & worked in it for over 10 years & have been working 5+ years in Architectural & 3+ years of Revit Experience. Now here I am to share my Past, Present, & Future... experiences.
View my complete profile

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]