Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I hate chipping hammers...and why you should get Revit #BIM #Revit

It's 7:32 in the morning, and at the house next door that's undergoing a remodel, some asshole starts with the chipping hammer.  My first thought is, OK, who fucked up, the contractor, architect, engineer or subcontractor. 

This is why I love BIM.  It lowers the noise level on our planet.  How many jobsites have you been on where someone's chipping away concrete for a pipe conflict, someone forgot to put a sleeve in for the floor to floor pass through of some item, or it just wasn't shown on the drawings.

I do not need to hear a damn chipping hammer at 7 freakin 30 in the morning.  It's not right and I demand that we have better coordinated designs, engineering and construction so I can get a full night's sleep.

Buy Revit so I can get some rest.  What a great advertising slogan. And you wonder why I'm cranky in some of my blog posts.

I've actually gone through the effort right now of recording a few seconds of this live so you can hear what I hear.  Why I'm taking a video, uploading it to YouTube and linking it to this blog post is beyond me, but what the heck, I'm going to use all of the Google products I can at one time. 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]