Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Autodesk University 2009 #AU2009 - I'm on my way

Well it's time for me to start packing  I've been pretty quiet about it lately but I get to teach a class at Autodesk University.  Luckily I'm not nervous at all since it's a topic I've been working on daily for over the past year.  I do expect to leave people with more questions than answers as it's quite the minefield at the moment because so many people are so new at all of this.

I recommend everyone read the McGraw Hill Reports on BIM if you haven't already as it's some great marketing and learning material  www.BIMComplete.com.

I still have some AU Premiere passes to give away. If anyone wants one, email me anytime before Tuesday morning. 

I'm still hoping we get more donations for shaving an AutoCAD evangelist's head.
Visit http://www.info-komen.org/goto/revit3d to make a donation


Follow Shaan on his Twitter page. Click this link to make it fast and easy.


So, here's my class for Thursday at 10am.  I never imagined how elaborate the topic would be.  I'm looking forward to teaching a class, but I still don't know what I was thinking when I submitted proposals. 

I'm sure I'll be following up the presentation with plenty of blog posts for those of you who are interested. 

I'll give you a quick tip.  If you're using Revit and don't have a lot of work right, call up 5 contractors and see if you can work with them on converting CAD to BIM for their construction projects.  It's out of the box thinking for expanding your services and pipeline.

BIM Bids Only! How to Get Your Subcontractors to Bid an Autodesk® Revit® Project


  • Class ID: CR308-1
  • Primary Track: Construction and Real Estate
  • Class Audience: General contractors, owners, developers, and subcontractors

Class Description

A bidding process is part of the subcontractor's business. They can build in the cost for software and training needed, but will only do so if it is required to get the job. In this class, we will discuss the ways to support the contractors who need to have the subs participate in the BIM project from beginning to end. Learn how to modify your bid and subcontractor agreements to integrate your subcontractors and suppliers into your BIM world.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]