Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Saturday, November 14, 2009

From Droid to Roid

Ah, the joys of technology.   A friend of mine purchased the new Motorola Droid phone last week. We were at the Verizon store for what seemed like an eternity, but was only 57 minutes.  There were no lines, no pushing and shoving. It was actually very surprising considering there was another new smartphone OS out there now to compete against the Pre and iPhone.

Well, I've been calling my friend for 3 days now on his cellphone and he hasn't answered one of my calls. I finally emailed him to ask where he was that he wasn't answering his phone.

I got back this email message
because i let someone play with it and they shut off ringer without me checking it until 5 mins ago. Talk to you in AM
What's my point?  I'm not really sure myself.  Maybe it's the fact that new technology is disruptive. Mabye it's the fact that he got no training on his new phone which is actually more of a computer than a phone.  Maybe I was thinking if you don't move to BIM, your phone will stop ringing.

The important thing is that you can't just grab a new piece of technology and expect to know how to use every feature on your own without professional help.  I don't know when phones got so complicated.  Mabye it was around the same time when ordering water at a restaurant became such an ordeal.  Would you like bottled, bubbled,domestic or imported.  Personally, I always ask if they have any locally flavored waters.  They always answer "no, we only have tap water".  I say fine, give me tap water, but I'd like Evian ice cubes in it.

Now, everyone check the ringer on your cell phone because that new client is about to call and ask if you use Revit.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]