Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Saturday, December 5, 2009

$10 USB power outlet leaves no plug behind

Now, this is some cool innovation. Of course this has nothing to do with my blog, but there is something in the photo that is completely relevant to me. Sometimes I joke with architects that they should write in their specs that all external screws should be at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position. One day, an architect said to me, "no, they need to be at the 6 o'clock and 12 o'clock position." Why, I asked? He said that this way, they won't collect dust. It's crazy that someone actually thought about that, but it's funny that in this photo, the screws are straight up and down.

I guess you could all make a notation that everything in the building should be screwed up...

On a side note, I want to thank everyone at AU who told me they love my rants at the beginning of my blog posts. That means a lot to me and I'll keep them coming.

Repost: http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/05/10-usb-power-outlet-leaves-no-plug-behind/


Don't freak out or anything. But all that time you spent building a DIY in-wall USB charger may have been for naught. Of course, you've gained a useful learning experience and potentially gotten a lesson in the dangers of electricity, but you could have simply ordered this TruPower UCS outlet from FastMac, which packs the same two USB charging ports as the DIY outlet, along with two standard power outlets for your other power-hungry devices. Best of all, it only costs the same ten bucks that the DIY option would have set you back, but it looks like it won't start shipping until sometime early next year.

$10 USB power outlet leaves no plug behind originally appeared on Engadget on Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:28:00 EST.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]