Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BIM blog comment response

To the anonymous reader who was kind enough to comment on yesterday's blog post:

Here's my response to you:

You can tell that you're a 2D CAD drafter at heart. :-) I've talked to customers who have had a 4x increase in productivity once they've gotten through a few jobs with Revit. I have an architect working in my office now on a project who's told me that he's increased his productivity 75% on projects since moving to Revit.

If you were actually using Revit and have been properly trained (by my company's trainers, of course) then you'd actually realize that it's not a sales pitch but reality. So, by all means, please don't use Revit, ever. The thinning of the architectural market will mean higher fees for those who are left standing and are aware of the benefits of technology. They can earn more money and then invest in technologies like IES, Solibri, Navisworks, Trelligence and many other products that are meant for the BIM process.

While I appreciate your comment, I don't sell Revit. I'm a Construction technology consultant. That essentially means, I don't read from a marketing brochure, but that I actually know what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, can please enjoy spending your entire day making polylines and hatch patterns on 30 different layers.


Anonymous, February 10, 2010 8:39 AM

Revit doubles productivity.

Really, wow! Love your all encompassing statements.

You can tell that you're a salesman at heart. :-)




Revit3D.com - BIMBoom Revitlution: BIM Blanket Bingo - American Airlines to stop offering free blankets on domestic flights - CNN.com


0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]