Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A few questions about Revit, Mac, iPad and your opinion + YouTube - Autodesk Parody on AutoCad for Mac.mov

I got this fromhttp://twitter.com/InFrame_Photo who wanted me to share this with you. I'm a little conflicted on this issue. The reality is that most people are using Windows based computers.  I think it's great that Autodesk allows you to run their products through BootCamp.  Does anyone out there really want Autodesk to create a version of AutoCAD for the Mac?  With so few people using Mac computers, what would be the point?  There's so little tech support out there for Macs.  Most resellers only have techs that know Windows operating systems.  I have no idea what Autodesk is doing or planning, the thought only occurred to me after seeing the video below.

Do we ask the same question about Revit?  Someone told me recently that the graphics cards suck for Autodesk products on the Mac.  I don't know if that's true or not, so I'm just repeating what I was told.  Macs are more expensive.  It would be a whole new operating system for people to learn.  Windows 7 has been great and more and more people are switching to it every day.

Now, on the other hand, I think a Revit and Navisworks viewer on the iPad would be fantastic.  Could you imagine being on the jobsite with your entire model, set of construction documents or be reviewing the Navisworks model for clashes while on the jobsite?  Now, that would be something they should invest in.

Anyway, this is completely independent and I'm just looking into the future of BIM on the cloud and portability of technology.  I'd love it if you could take this quick survey about AutoCAD, Revit, Macs, PCs and iPad.  Autodesk is reading this, so it's your chance to make your opinion heard.







YouTube - Autodesk Parody on AutoCad for Mac.mov


0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]