Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Friday, April 16, 2010

YouTube - Workflow Enhancement for Revit for Task Management - Free Revit Family that will change your life.

Hi Everybody. I've just invented something for every Revit user on the planet.

When I watch someone redlining a set of plans, I look at the inefficiency of the person having to make the changes to the Revit model.

I thought, wouldn't it be great to redline in the model and make notes that we can make changes later and keep track of our work?

So, I came up with my Breadcrumb idea. Essentially you can add the breadcrumb and tag and make your notes right on the plans, sections or elevations. It's not a perfect system yet, but my techs are working on it the family to make it easier.

It's pretty easy to use. Place the breadcrumb where there's an issue, question or you need to do something. Then, "TG" to place the tag and type in your text in the question mark in the box.

One note:  On  plan view,  click select workplane, then place the family.

There's even a schedule to track the items. I've included fields for "Created By", an additional notes column and a Completed column.
There's a second schedule that filters out anything already completed (with Y or Yes in the box).

Email me if you'd like to get the file


Everyone who registers will get a link to the files. I need to get to 500 people to register for the event. I don't care if you've already registered, register again.

If it won't let you duplicate your email address, put a .xx after the .com and I'll know to filter that out.

I was going to rename it to CARB from Breadcrumb. Create, Annotate, Review and Build. For now, I'm sticking with breadcrumb.

Thanks.
Gregory


Video Link: YouTube - Workflow Enhancement for Revit for Task Management


If you'd like to get the family, Click here to download the file



4 comments:

J May 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

So why not use Design Review???

JimAlifSiin May 18, 2010 at 11:08 PM  

..do you mean that we can show the tags on 'Sheets"? I hope that it also can apply on 3DViews too!

Duke March 15, 2011 at 5:04 AM  

Looks great only thing I would add to it would be to make it a separate category(under generic) so that you can turn of that certain category and don't need to hide the elements separatly.

think this tool can also be used for problems that are found during the modelling but that can't be adressed at that time by that person.

Great idea!!
Thanks alot!


@J you can't make schedules in design review? and when working in the model you don't see what's added in design review?

Duke March 15, 2011 at 5:04 AM  

Looks great only thing I would add to it would be to make it a separate category(under generic) so that you can turn of that certain category and don't need to hide the elements separatly.

think this tool can also be used for problems that are found during the modelling but that can't be adressed at that time by that person.

Great idea!!
Thanks alot!


@J you can't make schedules in design review? and when working in the model you don't see what's added in design review?

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]