Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Saturday, July 3, 2010

CAD vs BIM Rant - Very NSFW but explains the entire AE industry

Before you watch this video, please be advised that there is objectionable language within it.  If you can stomach that, it's the funniest video I've seen in a very long time. Halfway through watching it, I said to myself, this would be the perfect post for my blog. 

I do have one request for you.  Every time you hear the word iPhone, mentally replace it with AutoCAD.  Every time you hear the word EVO, mentally replace it with Revit.  I think that this video perfectly sums up how all of us passionate BIM fanatics feel technology, those who won't embrace change and the future of the AE industry.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a big problem.  Quite simply, it's a workflow, process, stubbornness, selfishness, ignorance and attitude problem.  Every other industry in the world has learned to use technology to make their businesses better.  So, what's different about architecture?  Please, someone explain to me why this video is so appropriate and sad at the same time.  I think this could be the last blog post I ever write and it would so perfectly wrap up 3 years of blogging and 6 years of promoting BIM.  This one last post could so perfectly end my BIM journey.  It's like the final episode of Lost.  It answers all of those mysterious questions of where we've been, where we are and where we're going.

Enjoy...and don't play this in front of your kids or your boss.  It's NSFW!!!!




PS. Here's the backstory on the creator of this video: http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/01/best-buy-iphone-4-evo-4g/

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]