Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Monday, September 27, 2010

Today's new #BIM word of the day

During a very in depth conversation today, as I heard the words BIM sharing, I actually thought he said 'BIM Shearing'. In honor of Revit Server I guess BIM shearing is for those who refuse to share the model with others. Ah, the reliability of those who scream liability. They really don't get it. So, do you shear or share? I know, the owner isn't paying you enough to have you share the model. Fear the shear!

1 comments:

Joseph Joseph September 28, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

The issue with a lot of A/E firms is that they are stuck with "What does BIM do for me". Chances that these firms are not also interested in Design/Build or IPD type approach.

BIM is not about "what it can do for me" but rather "what it can do for your client" delivering a better design and envelop.

To me, another word for BIM is "collaboration". Now this is both inside your organization and outside.

I've ran across several big-name firms that are worried about sharing their content. They don't anyone using their families or model. Totally missing the boat on BIM. When a simple NDA can resolve the issue.

Good thought my good friend.
Keep it up.
Regards,

Joe

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]