Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Friday, October 15, 2010

Time to get off the brandwagon - #BIM - You must read this post or perish

Well, I think this pretty much sums up what I learned at the AGC BIM Forum this week. What an amazing event and group of talented passionate people. I've discovered that BIM, LEED, VDC, IPD and CAD are completely irrelevant, have no importance and will not even be mentioned in the next few years.

What is critical and the only relevant topic to the future if the AEC industry are the people who are open minded and willing to collaborate together for the sake of designing better designed, safer, more energy efficient and well constructed buildings. Of course they'll be needing technologies that result from BIM authoring, review and collaboration tools, but that will become the standard and a non issue in the pursuit of new work.

It's all about the people, and I was honored and humbled to be surrounded by great minds this week. It's all about the workflow and processes that this incredible group of people have developed to solve the problems of today's CDs created from CAD. I've learned so much in the past few days, I don't even know where to begin to start blogging about and implementing these ideas within my own company and for my clients. All I know is that it truly is better to be a leader than a follower. My thoughts and ideas that vie been blogging about for the past 3 years have all been validated by what I've seen implemented by others here today.

If you want to have a future in the AEC industry, you better sign up now to the next BIM Forum if you expect to ever get a seat at the table. The more of you who ignore this, the more money there is to be made by those who do.

The more you rush to follow the leader, the less likely you will be to catch up.



0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]