Here's one for all of the contractors in the room...
I know some time has gone by and I have personally been anxiously awaiting its arrival, so I am glad to say that the next release of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff (QTO) 2011 has been released with new updates and features.
Here is a quick look at some of new enhancements (I'll have a few blogs posts in the future to further explore some of the new features):
- Edit a takeoff element or a group of selected takeoff elements from the Properties palette.
- Edit DWF properties from the Properties Box
- Work Break Down Structure Groups. A column for Work Breakdown Structure groups has been added to the Takeoff palette, Property palette, and Workbook.
- Enable takeoff model coloring in 3D views to maintain those colors assigned in the Takeoff palette. This keeps it consistent with the coloring seen in 2D views.
- Legends now accurately depict color, symbols, and fills.
- Exporting to Excel spreadsheets is more accurate.
- Network Deployment of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff installation and licensing is now supported.
- Network license borrowing enabled.
- Model takeoff support for Inventor DWFs.
- Full Windows 7 support.
- Multiple memory and performance enhancements.
How do you get QTO 2011? For those of your on subscription, you should be able to log into the
Subscription Center (http://subscription.autodesk.com) and download QTO 2011. Otherwise contact your local reseller for more information.