Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#Citrix-based #AutoCAD LT trial available on www.#autodesk.com - It is Alive in the Lab #BIM #Cloud Computing

I don't know about you, but I'm never ready for what comes out of the labs.  Steve Stafford once said to me that I had an unfair advantage with some of my blog posts being a reseller, as I had access to whats behind the curtain at Autodesk which explained how I was always first with a number of Autodesk related items.  Well, I can tell you, that isn't entirely true.  Nothing that comes out of the labs is known to anyone.  I've seen customers who had been beta testing software that I had no idea existed.  

Then along comes something like this.  I have no idea where Autodesk is going with all of this, but I'm hoping that their quest for cloud based computing is an open door to a more collaborative and tech friendly world.  

So you say that you'd never work in the cloud and that you wouldn't want your private data outside secure walls.  I'll agree that for many, that could be a valid concern.  But, as I look deep into my crystal BIM ball, there is a lot more collaboration and sharing in that BIM, LEED, IPD, VDC and FM world.  You can't keep your head in a cloud and not share your data if you plan on moving into the future.  I have an idea.  Start thinking about this stuff now, so if and when you do get the chance to bid on an IPDish job,  you have a plan and are ready to do what is needed to get that job and not go into panic mode.  



0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]