Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Revit Kid.com!: Revit Tutorial - Speedy Stepped Footings (Method 2) #Revit #BIM

Here's a cool post from my friend,Jeff The Revit Kid.  One of the things that fascinates me is the different approaches between the CAD and BIM process.  The SD/DD/CD workflow of CAD makes me wonder exactly when you pay attention to something like footings, slabs and columns.  Two weeks ago in Orlando, I was disgusted with the column layout in the garage of a client.  Instead of columns and car spacing being between the car stops, instead I had to do a limbo dance to get out of the car with the column right where the door opens.  

I know the structural aspects of the building aren't very important, but some of you BIM builders will see this as a great foundation to your future.      


An email from Andrew sparked an idea in my head... A while back I started the Student to Student Revit guide. I created a stepped footing using the model a mass in place, seen here:

http://therevitkid.blogspot.com/2009/02/student-to-student-revit-guide-part-3.html

This is definitely a way to create a stepped footing... But, if you want to actually utilize the analytical model built into a Revit Structural Wall Footing (you know, getting the I in BIM - Information!) then here is another method.  By the speed in which I created the second set of stepped footings you can decide which is the best one:

Topics covered:

  • Creating a foundation wall.
  • Splitting the wall.
  • Using parameters to create ACTUAL footings...



0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]