Performance tip for curtain wall pattern based components - The Revit Clinic
When working with pattern component families for divided surfaces in a mass, you can create a larger mullion panel family subdivided by smaller sub-panels. The grid/panel segments may be larger, but the geometry subdivision will result in a reduction in file size and improve memory and display performance.
- Create the new pattern component family for the curtain wall using the Curtain Panel Pattern Based.rft as shown below using these values of 8m x 8m x 8m grid subdivided by a 1m x 1m x 1m panel three or more times to achieve 1m panels.
- Create simple conceptual mass with rectangular extrusion with top profile twisted.
- Load the new pattern component family for the curtain wall mullion into the Revit Project containing the conceptual mass.
- Apply a curtain wall pattern component family to the four faces of the conceptual mass and select divide surface and in the type selector, select the curtain wall component family.
- After applying the pattern, this process results in normal memory and display performance especially when rotating the conceptual mass.