Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Monday, March 21, 2011

What's the opposite of CAD? Another BIM Epiphany

I had another epiphany while at a prospect this week.  It was a large general contractor and I was talking to a vice president who was telling me that they just finished their first IPD project.  They said everything went really well and there were only 75 RFIs on the project.  Comparitavely, they said that a recent similar project that was done in CAD had over 2,000 RFIs.  

That's quite a difference.  Anyway, there he was saying how much they enjoyed the Design Assist aspect of the job.  He referred to it as "DA".  

It was at that moment that I felt like I was on Wheel of Fortune and had a letter to solve the puzzle.  I said, "How about DAC?  We can call it Design Assist Construction."

And there it was, a gigantic epiphany.  Design Assist Construction is the opposite of Computer Aided Drafting.  DAC is the opposite of CAD.  Can that only mean that the opposite of BIM is MIB, Many Incomplete Blueprints?  I know. Stop rolling your eyes.  

I'll leave you with this.  tomorrow I have a huge day of work.  Make sure you check out my blog first thing Tuesday morning.  I have lots to share with you and probably 25 blog posts.


1 comments:

Courtney Pagani March 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM  

No rolling of the eyes here... I love it, a simple ROI comparison for BIM and a simple, yet witty, acronym analogy that everyone can understand... I am going to steal it.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]