Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Theometrics - Precision Layout Robot - #BIM Technology

I saw this at last year's BIM Forum in Atlanta.  This is by far the coolest gadget for construction I have ever seen.

So, why am I posting this now?  There's a box sitting in my office.  One of my techs found a box in the closet and saw my name on it.  2 years ago, my wife bought a Roomba robot vacuum.  You know the world is ending and the terminator is coming soon when your wife buys a robot to clean the house.  That's the beginning of the end.  Someday, we'll have robot's that can cook and clean the entire house. 

Anyway, the Roomba broke, they sent a replacement, and somehow, I never got around to returning the original unit to them.  The  tech who brought it in to me, told me how in the 70s, he took some parts from a remote controlled car and built something similar. 

Well, that box sitting on the floor reminded me of the cool technology that's in your future.

So, if you're interested in learning more about this technology, contact me and I'd be happy to help you (anywhere in the US of course).





Video Link: http://youtu.be/YMi-yM01zBI

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________  
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
• Take our Revit Architecture Essentials class live via the web for only $595 (Next class 6/13-6/15) (24 AIA CEU credits). ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]