Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Do you have the latest technology or should you wait one more day?


I always love finding and playing with new technology but something happened today that completely annoyed me.  Within 2 hours of buying an iPad 2, I saw this article. 

I could return the iPad 2 and wait until the iPad 3 comes out, or I could take advantage of today's technology and deal with future technology when it arrives.  In the meantime, I probably have the only 3 year old in the world who just got his own slightly used iPad when I loaded up my iPad 2 tonight.  Of course JR got mad that I wasn't giving him the new one.  I did admire him for recognizing the difference and wanting the new one. 

In architectural terms, you could keep waiting for a new version of Revit to come out before you say it's the right version for you to start using, or you could take advantage of what's in the box now. 

There will always be something new coming out and you'll always just have bought something just before the new version comes out.  I guess it's great that you have subscription to automatically give you the latest release. 


Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/rss/feed/daily/southflorida
Purported details about Apple's iPad 3 are being leaked in the news media as the technology company suffers from a falling stock price and heightened competition. Shares of Apple, which has 10 South Florida retail stores, were down $5.32, or 1.6 percent in late trading on Monday, to trade at $315.94. That compares with a 52-week high of $364.90 on Feb. 16 and a low of $235.56 on Aug. 27. Commentators on CNBC on Monday were debating whether Apple's drop through its $325, 200-day moving average was...
 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]