Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

BIM People of the week - Howard and Peter

Well, if you're wondering why I haven't been posting so much lately, I'm going to have to blame it on my darned iPad again.  For some reason I decided to read Fountainhead and try to figure out the mind of an architect. 

I'm sure you read the Fountainhead at some point in your architectural pursuits. Did you read it because it was required or for fun?  I'm wondering if we can compare CAD vs BIM to Peter Keating vs Howard Roark.  Howard was on every job, oversaw every detail and made sure his buildings were perfect.  Peter cut corners, did as little as possible and well, I won't spoil the ending for you if you haven't read the book yet.

Is it ego or pride?  Is it arrogance or errorgance?  Is it the pursuit of perfection or architectural integrity?  What drives a man to go so far for his art and creativity? 

What software program would Howard Roark have used if he was around today?  I bet he'd love Revit and BIM. 

So now that I've finished reading Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead, I think I'll start learning how to design apps for the iPad.  There's so much to agree and disagree with in those novels and that woman sure can write a lot.  Can anyone explain to me why Howard had to have orange hair?  What would Seth Godin say about The Orange Architect? 

I'm trying to get caught up on my blog posts, but I'm off to Chicago on Monday for BIM Forum.  I'll even get a few GBCI credits for going.  Only 4 more credits for my LEED AP BD+C credential.  I'm never waiting until the last minute for that again.  I don't think I can take much more of CEU data input in my head.

Thanks for reading and following the blog. 
Gregory

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
  ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]