Autodesk® Cloud Customer FAQ
September 27, 2011
What are web services, cloud services and cloud computing?
All of these terms refer to software technology and services that are accessed and used over the Internet.
What is Autodesk® Cloud?
Autodesk® Cloud is a collection of web‐based features, products, and services that currently includes:
• Autodesk® Cloud documents – Use this service to store your design documents in the cloud, so you can access them anytime, anywhere and easily share them with colleagues, clients and other users. Viewing capabilities enable users to open and review 2D and 3D DWF™ files through a web browser – without the design software used to create the files. 1 GB of storage space is available for free.* Autodesk® Subscription customers receive 3 GB of storage space for each seat of software on Subscription for the duration of their Subscription contract term.
• Autodesk® Design Review mobile app – Access your Autodesk Cloud documents on the go with this mobile app. Review 2D and 3D DWF™ files on your mobile device. Redline and annotate 2D drawings while in the field or out of the office. Available free of charge.*
• AutoCAD® WS—Design and collaborate across multiple platforms—desktop, web, and mobile devices—with full DWG™ reliability and compatibility. Upload files directly from AutoCAD to your online workspace. View and edit DWG files on your mobile device or on the web – no software required. Available free of charge.*
• Autodesk® Seek—Quickly discover, preview, and download branded and generic 3D models, drawings, and product specifications in Autodesk® Revit® and AutoCAD® software, or through review phases in Autodesk® Design Review software. Available free of charge.*
• Autodesk® Cloud rendering—Reduce time and costs with this powerful rendering service that enables you to produce compelling, photorealistic visualizations in the cloud—without tying up the desktop or requiring specialized rendering hardware.
• Autodesk® Inventor® optimization (Coming Soon**)—Extend ideation and simulation beyond the desktop by testing the performance of multiple design options in the cloud. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to Autodesk® Product Design Suite Premium or Autodesk® Product Design Suite Ultimate.
• Autodesk® Revit® Conceptual Energy Analysis—Gain insight into energy consumption and building lifecycle costs early in the design process without disrupting your workflow. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite, AutoCAD® Revit® MEP Suite, Autodesk® Building Design Suite (Premium, Ultimate or Education editions), Autodesk® Design Academy, Autodesk® Education Master Suite, Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite for Education, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® Revit® MEP, or Autodesk® Multi‐Flex.
• Autodesk® Green Building Studio®‐‐ Perform faster, more accurate energy analysis, optimize energy efficiency, and improve the carbon footprint of multiple design options. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to AutoCAD® Architecture, AutoCAD® MEP, AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite, AutoCAD® Revit® MEP Suite, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® Revit® MEP, Autodesk® Building Design Suite (Standard, Premium, Ultimate or Education editions), Autodesk® Design Academy, Autodesk® Ecotect® Analysis, Autodesk® Education Master Suite, Autodesk® Factory Design Suite (Standard, Premium or Ultimate), Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite for Education, or Autodesk® Multi‐Flex.
• Autodesk® Buzzsaw®—Deliver more effective project collaboration with this leading document, design, and model management solution that enables users to securely exchange AEC project information across companies, disciplines, and locations. Available with an Autodesk Subscription to Autodesk® Vault Collaboration AEC. Autodesk Buzzsaw can also be licensed separately.
What is the advantage for Autodesk® Subscription customers?
Autodesk® Subscription customers receive three times the amount of storage space in Autodesk® Cloud (3 GB per seat on Subscription). More storage capacity means you can store, view and share more design documents via the cloud. This translates into more mobility and more power to improve project results, increase collaboration, and accelerate innovation. In addition, customers with an Autodesk Subscription to select products or suites have exclusive access to Autodesk Cloud services, such as:
• Autodesk® Cloud rendering
• Autodesk® Inventor® optimization (Coming Soon**)
• Autodesk® Revit® Conceptual Energy Analysis
• Autodesk® Green Building Studio®
• Autodesk® Buzzsaw®
Where can I find out which Autodesk® Cloud services I’m entitled to use?
1. Go to http://accounts.autodesk.com
2. Sign in using your existing Autodesk ID and password, or click the button to create a new Autodesk account.
3. After signing in, if you are a Subscription customer, you might need to enter your product serial number to verify your Subscription and see all of the cloud services you’re entitled to use. (Note: To locate your serial number, look for the Help icon on your software’s toolbar – usually located on the top‐right corner. Select the pull‐ down arrow beside the Help icon. From the Help menu, select “About.” Your serial number should appear in the pop‐up window.)
4. Once you have signed in and verified your Subscription, you will see a list of the
Autodesk® Cloud services you are entitled to use.
How do I access Autodesk® Cloud services?
You can use your Autodesk ID and password to access Autodesk® Cloud services.
If you do not have an Autodesk ID and password, you can create an account by clicking the
“Sign In” button (shown below) in your Autodesk product.
• Autodesk Cloud documents
Access via the web at: http://douments.cloud.autodesk.com
To access Autodesk Cloud documents from a mobile device, you will need to install the Autodesk® Design Review mobile app. You can download the app by searching for Autodesk Design Review in the iPhone® or iPad® App Store.
• Autodesk Cloud rendering
Access via the web at: http://rendering.cloud.autodesk.com
Or, if you use Autodesk® Revit® software, install the plug‐in and access cloud‐based rendering from within your software. The rendering plug‐in for Autodesk® Revit® software is available for download after signing in at http://rendering.cloud.autodesk.com
• Autodesk® Inventor® optimization (Coming Soon**)
This service will be available soon. Check with your Autodesk reseller or sales representative for more information.
• Autodesk® Green Building Studio® Access at https://gbs.autodesk.com
• Autodesk® Revit® Conceptual Energy Analysis
Access from within Autodesk® Revit® 2012 software by clicking the “Analyze Mass
• AutoCAD® WS—Access at www.autodcadws.com
• Autodesk® Buzzsaw® ‐‐ If you have a current Subscription to Autodesk® Vault Collaboration AEC, contact your Autodesk reseller or sales representative to set up your Buzzsaw account and obtain access details.
Can I access Autodesk® Cloud services through Subscription Center?
No. Autodesk® Cloud services cannot be accessed through the Autodesk Subscription Center. However, you can sign in to Autodesk Cloud documents at http://douments.cloud.autodesk.com using the same Autodesk ID and password you use to sign in to Subscription Center. For the access points to other Autodesk Cloud services, please see the previous question/answer above.
Are there limits on my use of Autodesk® Cloud services?
Yes there are limits on the use of some Autodesk® Cloud services.
• The Autodesk® Cloud documents storage space is limited to 1 GB for free* accounts.
Subscription customers receive 3 GB of storage per seat on Subscription for the duration of their Subscription contract term.
• Services like Autodesk® Cloud rendering and Autodesk® Inventor® optimization are limited to a total of 100 Cloud Units per eligible seat on Subscription, per year.
All Autodesk Cloud services are subject to the terms and conditions accompanying them. For all Autodesk Cloud services, it is important that you monitor your use and do not exceed service limits.
Where can I see how much storage and/or how many cloud units I have used?
You can see how much storage and how many Cloud Units you have used by signing in to your account at http://accounts.autodesk.com.
Where can I find additional information about Autodesk® Cloud?
You can find additional information, including videos describing Autodesk® Cloud services, at www.autodesk.com/cloud
Where can I find help for Autodesk® Cloud services?
Online help can be accessed within the interface of each Autodesk® Cloud service.
*Free services are subject to the terms and conditions that accompany use of the service.
** The Autodesk Inventor optimization service will be available soon.
The availability of Autodesk Cloud services varies by language and region and may change over time. Please contact your Autodesk reseller or representative for more information.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Buzzsaw, DWG, Green Building Studio, Inventor, and Revit are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. Apple, iPad, and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.