Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Press release:Gregory Arkin/Revit3D.com leaves Autodesk VAR Channel #AU2011

Gosh, I don't even know where to begin this story, but I've told it so many times today to my friends and associates here at AU that I can hardly talk, so it's time to make it official for the world.

After 7 years of being an Autodesk reseller, becoming a BIM evangelist, starting this blog and developing relationships with over 60 different software vendors, I'm delighted to tell you that I've been offered a position of being the BIM Visionary and Strategist for an AE/CM firm in South Florida.

Yes, no more (Revit or AutoCAD),sales for me.  I'm so thankful for having had this medium of being able to communicate my passion for BIM and disdain for CAD and for having been embraced by the BIM gurus of the world.  Somehow, I've become part of the special group of people that are a very special group of people that are the smart, most creative, passionate and dedicated group of design technologists that I've ever met.

I don't know how or why I started this blog 4 years ago, but I guess there's something about being unfiltered and expressing my feelings that have inspired and helped many, and pissed off many others.

I've been given the opportunity to take my passion and knowledge and take the 13th largest architecture firm in South Florida and my goal is to make them number 1 through their BIM services division which has grown from 1 to 9 people in the last 18 months.  Not only am I so proud to be working for this firm, ACAI Associates, but the principal Cindy Baldwin, not only is a general contractor who loves my BIM brain, but she's also teaching a class today at AU BO2486 Your Company Is Ready for BIM, but Are Your Employees? (Murano 3205) at 8am.  With over 200 people signed up for the class, I can't wait for her employees to see if they're ready for me.

I don't know what direction I'm going with the blog now that I don't have to sell Autodesk software for a living and I will try to always take the high road, but this changes everything.  As I was handed my new business cards today while sitting 5 feet away from Jeffrey McGrew of Because We Can, it was cool when I pulled out my old business cards with my Revit3D license plate, and said, "Jeff, do you know who I am" and he saw the card and said of course he did.  To be recognized for my vision and passion while sitting next to an amazing pioneer in BIM like Jeff who was one of the keynote speakers today, really made me appreciate how much I've learned and grown.

Along with my new role at ACAI, I'll still be working with companies like Codebook, MWF, IES, Tools4Revit, Archibus, AutoPrep and a few other special software firms and doing BIM consulting for the construction industry.  I will keep pushing the BIM frontier and seeing how high we can push this BIM rocket.

Now that I don't have to live in fear of how Autodesk feels about what I write, the blog should be even more interesting than it was before.  Thank you for being a reader of Revit3D.com.  Thank you to everyone who listened to my story today and thank you for sharing this journey with me.

PS. I'm having the most amazing time at AU networking, catching up with old friends and playing with some amazing new technologies.  Now it's off to gather information to share Phil Read's exciting new venture with you for my next blog post.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

AJ November 30, 2011 at 8:11 AM  

Congratulations! Best of luck in your new position.

Daniel Fahmi November 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Congratulations Greg! Sounds like a great opportunity, I am very happy for you, more so I am happy that you will keep blogging!!

Melanie (Stone) Perry December 7, 2011 at 10:31 AM  

It was good to catch up with you, Greg. Wishing you all the best in your new endeavor.

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]