Point Cloud Feature Extraction for Revit is our free technology preview that allows you to work with point cloud more easily in Revit. This plug-in automatically extracts useful geometry features from point clouds of buildings and creates basic Revit elements in Revit. How cool is that?
We really would like your feedback on this. This is the same team that brought you:
We recognize that for point cloud data to be really useful in Building Information Modeling, doors have to be doors, walls have to be walls, and floor have to be floors. Getting started is easy:
- Get the installer by using the Download link on the Autodesk Labs site.
- If you are using Windows 7, you should unblock the zip file since its contents were not created on your own computer. If you skip this step, you may see this error message:
- Extract and run the installer based on your 32-bit or 64-bit environment.
- To use the feature extraction plug-in, insert a point cloud into Revit first to enable the 'Feature Extraction' tab. You can download some sample point cloud files in Sample.zip.
- Download and read the Getting Started Guide PDF).
Converting Point Cloud Data to a Building Information Model is alive in the lab.