Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Good news and bad news - Revit Growing Pains

There comes a time in a father's life when he see his baby grow up.  For those of you who have been following along for the past 5 years and keeping score, my son, JR, turns 4 years old on Saturday (my birthday is on Friday if you want to get me a present).  

Tonight, I was working on a little project in Revit and I thought it was time to teach JR how to use my favorite design program.  As you can see below, there was a slight coordination issue, but I'm so proud of him.  I taught him how to click on the wall, door window and component buttons, how to draw and place objects, and most importantly, how to hit the escape key twice to go on to something different.  

It was amazing to see that in 5 minutes, my 3 year old learned how to use Revit.  What better anecdotal story to tell your friends who say that Revit is too hard do learn when you can tell them it's so easy, a 3 year old can use it.   

We had a little fun driving the Revit van into the crowd of people and knocking a few of them down.  Showing JR how to make a rendering so he could really visualize his handiwork was lots of fun for both of us.   It was really neat teaching him how to click on a wall and then change it to a different type.  

The bad news is that my son is growing up too quickly and now I'll probably lose my laptop to him as he'll want to play more with Revit.  So, to my wonderful child who will someday Google himself and find this blog post, your daddy is so very proud of you today, not just for learning Revit so quickly, but for all of the wonderful things you've done in the past four years and for inspiring me to be the best BIM builder daddy in the whole world.  





___________________________________________________________________________________________________________   

• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________


0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]