Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Monday, January 16, 2012

Revit Ruler Update (updated and corrected Revit RFA family)

Wow, I so messed that up.  I brought in the Revit Ruler into the hospital project we were working on at the office and measurements didn't add up.  Essentially, I put the 1 foot mark in the 0 - 12" range, so everything was off a foot.  I quickly grabbed the numbers and moved them all up a foot, so now it works.

Also, because I made the family in Revit 2012, it wouldn't load in the 2011 version actual project.  A quick DWG export brought into Revit 2011 and clicking on the lines allowed me to recreate it for you 2011 users.  What a pain in the ass that families can't be made retroactive. Huge problem.

At least it works perfectly in the Revit model and is great to see measurements in 3D viewing. It even in 2D elevations and sections because you don't have to use the measurement or dimension tools.

Anyway, here are the links for both:
Revit 2011 Ruler:  https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D75732_0251934_283414
Revit 2012 Ruler:  https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D75732_0251934_283061

By the way, what I uploaded was the 8th iteration of what I came up with over the weekend.  Below are some ideas that I didn't like or made the file size too big. On one of them, instead of using model text, I traced over the numbers and made a voided extrusion within the family.  I thought that would make the file smaller, but it didn't. That's why the dice worked the best because it was a simple shape.

If you want any of these, let me know and I'll send them to you.



___________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]