Revit Services & Support - You want to update a revision/issue title block label globally in multiple sheet views
You want to update a revision/issue title block label globally in multiple sheet views
You want to update a revision/issue title block label globally in multiple sheet views without the need to edit every single individual sheet view.
The following steps explain how to add a label to a titleblock, which can be updated globally in multiple sheet views.
- Create a shared parameter in titleblock
- Add label into titleblock
- Load title block and add parameter into project
Create a shared parameter in titleblock
- Navigate to and double click on the Sheet View in the Project Browser.
- Select the titleblock in the Sheet View and click on Edit Family from the Modify tab of the Ribbon.
- Select Shared Parameters from the Manage tab of the ribbon.
- In the Edit Shared Parameters Dialog select the "Create" button to create a shared parameter file called "Issue". Under the Groups click on the New button to create a new group called "Issue" and under Parameters click on the New button to create a new parameter called "Issue" with Discipline set to "Common" and Type of Parameter set to "Text" and select OK to apply Parameter Properties and then OK to apply and close Edit Shared Parameters Dialog.
Add label into titleblock
- In the opened titleblock family select the Label from the Text Panel of the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Click to place the label in the titleblock and then select the Add parameter button.
- Click on Select button under the Parameter Type of the Parameter Properties Dialog.Select Parameter called Issue from the Shared Parameters Dialog and click OK to apply and OK again to exit the Parameter Properties Dialog.
- Scroll down and select Issue in the Category Parameters area of the Edit label dialog and click on Add parameter(s) to label button and select OK to apply and close. Issue label is added to titleblock.
Load title block and add parameter into project
- Click on Load into Project on the ribbon.
- Select Project Parameters from the Manage tab of the Ribbon.
- Click on the Add Button of the Project Parameter Dialog.
- Under Parameter Type area of Parameter Properties check the Shared paramaeter. Next under Categories area scroll down and tick Project Information. Click on the Select button.
- Select Issue from the Parameter Group Area of the Shared Parameters Dialog and then select OK to apply. Click OK in the Parameter Properties Dialog to apply and exit.
- Click on OK in the Project Parameters Dialog to apply and exit.
- Select Project information from the Manage tab of the ribbon.
- Enter a value of "A" to the Text Parameter called Issue in the Instance Properties dialog and select OK to apply.
The label called Issue will display "A" as shown below and update globally in the title block contained within the multiple sheet views.