Structure Generator for Revit is a free technology preview that provides a connection between "massing models and objects created during conceptual design" and "structural elements such as beams, column, walls, and plates."
Software Development Manager, Pawel Kociolek, gave me an updated installer which I made available for download. He also noted what's in this update of the technology preview:
- Capability to generate trusses
- Capability to generate secondary beams
- Capability to assign default sections for secondary beams and diagrids
- Enhanced capabilities (i.e., different settings for X and Y directions) during grid definition
- Enhanced error reporting
- Corrections of reported problems
We conduct technology previws to get your feedback. The technology preview is active until April 1, 2012. At that time, we need to take the feeback we have received and decide what to do next. Your can help us with that decision by sharing your thoughts at email@example.com or the discussion forum.
Support is alive in the lab.