I had a feeling this was coming, but couldn't confirm it. Autodesk has been moving away from single products as they've had architectural, manufacturing and infrastructure suites for several years now.
After April 12th, you can't buy a Revit Suite. You would have to buy at least Building Design Suite Premium. It's not the end of the world. It's only $500 more. However, subscription is $250 more, but I don't know what the subscription pricing changes are.
At least you'll be able to get Revit (the full package) instead of 3 separate programs.
Hopefully, Autodesk will lower subscription for Building Design Suite Premium.
Also, I imagine after all of the uproar and anger, Autodesk will have a promotion where you can crossgrade from a Revit Suite to Building Design Suite for free if you're currently on subscription instead of making you pay $1495 to do it. They did that last year and little did we know it was a preface to this move.
Here's the official pitch.....
- - -
- AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite
- AutoCAD® Revit® MEP Suite
- AutoCAD® Revit® Structure Suite
- AutoCAD® Architecture
- AutoCAD® MEP
- AutoCAD® Structural Detailing
- Autodesk® Showcase®
- Autodesk® SketchBook® Designer
- Autodesk® Revit® Architecture
- Autodesk® Revit® MEP
- Autodesk® Revit® Structure
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design
- All Solutions Available in Premium, plus….
- Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage
- Autodesk® Quantity Takeoff
- Autodesk® Inventor®
• buildingSMART alliance Florida BIMSMART Summit 3/29/12 in Fort Lauderdale - Register
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.