...a little bit of promotion for a good friend, the BIM maven Randy Deutsch who recently released the book BIM and Integrated Design. Please go to Amazon and order a copy of it. It's an important book that you need about the people and processes of BIM.
The first book devoted to the subject of how BIM affects individuals and organizations working within the ever-changing construction industry, BIM and Integrated Designdiscusses the implementation of building information modeling software as a cultural process with a focus on the technology’s impact and transformative effect—both potentially disruptive and liberating—on the social, psychological, and practical aspects of the workplace.BIM and Integrated Design answers the questions that BIM poses to the firm that adopts it. Through thorough research and a series of case study interviews with industry leaders—and leaders in the making out from behind the monitor—BIM and Integrated Design helps you learn:
- Effective learning strategies for fully understanding BIM software and its use
- Key points about integrated design to help you promote the process to owners and your team
- How BIM changes not only the technology, process, and delivery but also the leadership playing field
- How to become a more effective leader no matter where you find yourself in the organization or on the project team
Covering all of the human issues brought about or exacerbated by the advent of BIM into the architecture workplace, profession, and industry, BIM and Integrated Designshows how to overcome real and perceived barriers to its use.
- How the introduction of BIM into the workforce has significant education, recruitment, and training implications
- - -
Construction modeling enhancements for assemblies improve viewing and modification, helping you produces better shop drawings.
• buildingSMART alliance Florida BIMSMART Summit 3/29/12 in Fort Lauderdale - Register
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.