More goodness from Autodesk. If it's not apparent to you, they're investing a lot in analysis tools. The future of design is going to be in the engineering and analysis. There's going to be a lot more math. I hope you're ready for that and you have a well prepared and proactive staff.
Autodesk Labs Utilities Project Simulus - http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/kraken/
- Linear static stress offering a variety of contact types, loading and constraint options
- Modal frequencies
- Steady state thermal offering temperature, heat flux, convection and radiation type loadings
- Thermal-stress coupling
- Integrated geometry creation and editing
- Associative model simplification and sharing across different simulations
- Intuitive and flexible simulation creation and management
- Robust results viewing
- Visual Compare environment to compare two result types and/or design variations
- Ability to interactively work within the simulation environment while studies are being computed on the cloud
- Quick visualization of under-constrained parts of the assembly
- Convenience of closing the application while the results are being computed on the cloud and reconnect to them at a later time
- Save/access simulation documents to/from the cloud
Simplify the Simulation Model
Edit the Base Model
Links to the sample files used in the videos are available on the getting started page.
HELP US OUTSee how well the Project Simulus technology preview works for you, and be sure to tell us how we can improve this technology by following the feedback links in the upper-right corner of this page. You can also post comments on the Between the Lines or It's Alive in the Lab blog.
* Free technology previews are subject to the terms and conditions of the end-user license and services agreement that accompanies download of the software.
• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.