Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

BIM Diary - Technology

Dear BIM Diary,
Yesterday was exhausting.  Last night I got into an argument with my wife.  It was like Abbot and Costello. I kept saying I wanted the iPad 4 and she kept saying iPad Mini.  I finally had to pull up Engadget.com and show her that, not only was there an iPad Mini, but Apple also released a new version of the iPad 3, with the new A6 processor, Lightning adapter and it's faster than ever.  On a side note, there was a post that if you had bought an iPad 3 within the last 30 days, Apple would let you trade it in for the newer model.  My first thought was that if you bought AutoCAD in the last 30 years, Autodesk would let you trade up to Revit for free.  Right!

Anyway, after I asked my wife how we could use an iPad Mini, my wife then proceeded to tell me that we don't need a new iPad.  I stopped her right there.  I wasn't going to stand for this type of behavior.  I said "Honey, you can't put the words 'need' and 'technology' in the same sentence.  It's just not right.  The only words that go together are 'want' and 'technology'.  That's how the system works."  I think I won that argument and I'll let you know soon how it works out for me.

Earlier in the day, I had five people asking me for training on Evernote, one of my favorite apps. I'm glad to see we are finally using this great tool in the company.  It's not 100% perfect, but what a great tool for sharing information.  I hate email as a tool in the AEC industry and now I have to teach my boss how to use Evernote.  Once she sees how amazing it will be for every aspect of our business, I'm sure everyone will be happy.

Until next time...
G

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 comments:

Luke Johnson October 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM  

Ok, I'll bite ... in what way is the difference between an Ipad 3a and an Ipad 3b similar to the difference between AutoCAD and Revit? A better analogy might be this - you bought Revit 2012 30 days before Revit 2013 came out, and guess what - you get the new version for free because you are on Subscription!

Sorry, I believe my distaste for Apple and your distaste for Autodesk have finally met face-to-face :-)

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]