This BIM thing sounds promising. Maybe we should take a look at it and see if we can try it out someday. I wonder how much it costs and if it will work on Windows 3.1.
Source/Link: New Research by McGraw-Hill Construction Shows Dramatic Increase in Use of BIM in North America
- The percentage of companies using BIM jumped from 17% in 2007, to 49% in 2009, to 71% in 2012;
- For the first time ever, more contractors (74%) are using BIM than architects (70%);
- All users report increased business benefits from BIM including better profits, more accurate documentation, less rework, reduced project duration, fewer claims and the ability to offer new services;
- Almost 40% of BIM users are heavily committed to it, doing over 60% of their work in BIM. This group has surged by 44% since 2009;
- As a sign of its increasing acceptance and maturity, almost half (49%) of BIM users have five or more years experience using it.
• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.