Note: This is not the update for Building Design Suite. Here is the direct link to wait and see when that shows up.
It sure would be nice if Autodesk would actually release updates on a known schedule so people could plan for deployment and not have to scramble to update machines. It would also be nice if Autodesk didn't hide the Building Design Suite updates under Design and Creation Suites and had a link on the Revit support page. That's a major fail for a company that wants everyone to use Suites instead of standalone products.
AutoCAD® Revit® Architecture Suite 2013
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2013
|Revit Architecture 2013 UR2 (32-bit) (exe - 59699Kb)|
|Revit Architecture 2013 UR2 (64-bit) (exe - 83079Kb)|
|English (htm - 32Kb)|
|English (pdf - 202Kb)|
Update Enhancement List
Improvements made in Update 2 build (20121003_2115):
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2013 Enhancements
• Improves stability when upgrading 2012 project which contains analytical walls.
• Improves stability when adjusting multiple sketch lines of a floor at the same moment.
• Improves stability when editing the gutters on a roof object with the Add/Remove Segment tool.
• Improves stability when renaming a Stair run type or landing to ‘none’.
• Improves stability when using the ribbon Cancel Edit Mode button to exit Stair Edit Mode.
• Improves stability when using an open profile for a wall sweep.
• Improves stability when splitting a wall.
Autodesk® Revit® Platform 2013 Enhancements
• Improves stability when Save to Central or Sync with Central.
• Improves stability when utilizing Create Assembly Views from the project browser.
• Improves stability when editing a label within the family editor.
• Improves stability when saving file to a location with low disc space.
• Improves stability when launching Export gbXML – Settings dialog.
• Improves stability and memory usage within graphics display.
• Improves stability during IFC data import which contains openings with no usable geometry.
• Improves stability when importing IFC data which imported into Revit 2012 with warnings.
• Improves import of clipped solids during IFC import.
• Improves IFC Export to support buildingSMART International IFC certification.
• Improves stability when linking or attached DWG files.
• Improves stability of printing after Export to DWG or DXF format.
• Improves stability when creating, duplicating or deleting a material in the Material Editor.
• Improves the retention of part parameters within a part upgraded from Revit 2012.
• Corrects ribbon tab population after installing .NET 4.5
• Improves stability while editing calculated values within a schedule after deleting a parameter used in a formula.
• Improves stability with schedules which contains a filter based upon a user defined parameter and elements in linked files do not contain the user defined parameter.
• Improves stability when opening Sun Settings dialog.
• Improves stability when editing Text Notes.
• Improves stability when upgrading Revit 2012 project to Revit 2013.
• Improves stability when moving a Crop Region which utilizes the disjoin option.
Improvements made in Update 1 build (20120716_1115):
Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2013 Enhancements
• Improves stability when closing a sketch editor, such as slab, site, etc., which create a large number of points.
• Improves creation of U-shaped winder stairs.• Improves stability when editing winder stairs.
• Improves performance when many railings exist within a project.
• Improves stability when support type is not defined for stair.
• Improves railing representation in coarse view.
Autodesk® Revit® Structure 2013 Enhancements
• Improves placement of analytical nodes when in 3D views.
• Improves stability when enabling “Show Analytical Model Categories in this View” when the
Warning dialog is open.
• Improves creation consistency with Physical Wall when coping an Analytical Model Wall.
• Improves stability when editing an Opening within an object which spans to the boundary of an
• Corrects the reporting of the “Structural Parameter” on slabs.
• Improves masking of linked files by Mask and Filled regions in Structural Views.
• Improves stability when placing Rebar.
• Improves stability when copying Area or Path reinforcement between projects which have
differing value for the Reinforcement Project Setting: “Host structural rebar”.• Improves visibility of round rebar when displayed in fine detail level.
Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2013 Enhancements
• Corrects the Slope value on placeholder pipe when slope is greater than 15 degrees.
• Improves consistency when applying a slope to a layout which contains a transition.
• Improves stability when splitting pipes which belong to different systems.
• Corrects visibility of the center line when displaying rise/drop symbols.
• Improves stability when opening a Revit 2012 project which contains a pipe placeholder schedule.
• Improves consistency of unit formatting within Panel Schedules .
• Improves consistency of adding circuits to equipment that are connected to a pipe or duct system.
• Improves stability when adding a device, which is connected to a wire, to a circuit.
• Improves display of annotation on duct and pipe transitions.
• Improves stability when inserting duct fittings.
• Improves stability when opening projects from previous versions of Revit.
• Improves stability during Copy/Paste operations.
• Corrects display of solid filled regions with transparent backgrounds.
• Allows exporting of materials painted on elements to ODBC.
• Improves performance of opening and closing sketch mode in projects with many families.
• Improves stability when setting a Design Option as the Primary.
• Improves stability when Fixed Distance option for a divided path.
• Improves stability while browsing to Revit Server when there is no network connectivity.
• Improves export consistency of Space and Zone elements when multiple elements have the same name and number.
• Allows Raytrace mode to work with DirectX 9.• Improves stability when using Raytrace mode with Hardware Acceleration disabled.
• Improves Raytrace mode rendering output.
• Improves Surface Transparency override by element for multiple selections.
• Improves printing consistency when tone mapping is enabled.
• Disables Sun and SunPath from being rendered in Raytrace mode.
• Improves stability when using manual exposure in Raytrace mode.
• Improves stability when rendering views.
• Improves stability and performance when using visualization features like Sky, Exposure, and
• Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains special characters.
• Improves the setting of custom parameter values during import of IFC data.
• Improves stability when importing IFC data which contains an invalid line pattern.
• Allows Markups from DWF to be exported to DWF.
• Improves stability when drag and drop a DWG file into a Revit project.
• Improves stability when importing DXF data.
• Improves dimension fidelity when exporting to DWG with export units set to Meter.
• Improves alignment of hatch and fill patterns when exporting to DWG.
• Improves stability when selecting a new host for an element within an In-place Wall.
• Improves section creation within a project with linked model.
• Improves stability when working with Materials.
• Improves the displayed Pattern Type assigned to an element with the Material Editor.
• Corrects the display of the materials category within the Paint interface.
• Corrects the printed display of fill patterns within perspective views.
• Improves stability of Type editing when multiple element types are in the selection set.
• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.