Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unglued - Autodesk Sale Fail

It has almost been a full year since I left the Autodesk reseller
channel and made my new home at an awesome architecture firm. One of
the things that I love most about ACAI is the willingness to adopt new
technologies and invest in our future growth with being on the cutting
edge. What's even better is that I get to play with these great
technology toys every day (thanks to Cindy, Alix and Adolfo).

One of my favorite new apps to play with is Autodesk BIM 360 Glue.
I've played with every iPad 3D viewer that is out there and each has
it''s own pros and cons, whether it is speed, navigation, interface or
collaboration related.

So, a few months ago, I went to the Autodesk website and submitted my
request for pricing information. I'm still waiting. I even contacted
Joe, my favorite Autodesk mentor, who on October 22nd at 8:32 am, sent
me an email with the link to contact Autodesk for how to buy Glue,
since it is only available directly through Autodesk.

Well, today is October 30th, 8 days after I filled out the form to
have someone from Autodesk contact me. So, in case I wasn't clear in
my first two attempts, let me try a different approach.

AUTODESK, I WANT TO BUY 3 USER LICENSES OF BIM GLUE TODAY. HAVE
SOMEONE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY AND EXPLAIN TO ME WHY IT IS IMPOSSIBLE
TO PURCHASE YOUR SOFTWARE. LET ME REPEAT. WE HAVE MONEY. WE
WILLINGLY WANT TO USE YOUR SOFTWARE. WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL.
THIS WILL BE AN EASY TRANSACTION. YOU DON'T HAVE TO SELL US, JUMP
THROUGH HOOPS, DO A DEMO. YOU JUST HAVE TO CALL, AND BY CALL, I MEAN
RIGHT NOW!

There, I hope that was subtle enough. If you haven't downloaded the
iPad BIM Glue app, do it today. There are 4 free sample files to play
with and it is super fast, easy to maneuver and the ability to jump to
specific rooms is amazing.

So, Joe, if you're reading this, thanks for your help 8 days ago.
Now, can you forward this to someone in your company and perhaps we
can have a beer and laugh about this at AU while our VDC Director,
Alix Loiseau gives his AU class on Navisworks for Architecture firms.

Thank you.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]