Autodesk University - Your Company Is Ready for BIM, but Are Your Employees? (and a bunch of other recordings)
In an encore presentation this year at AU, one of our ACAI stars, Cindy Baldwin, gave a presentation that was met with rave reviews. While I was talking to someone who missed it, I told them they could watch a recording of it from last year.
I thought I'd share it with you here and give a public service announcement that many classes can be watched at au.autodesk.com. It's just about impossible to sit in on every class, but watching the webcasts from this year, and previous years, is a great way to become more BIM proficient.
Here's the link for AU Virtual 2012: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=au_player#1%-1
Here's the link for prior year classes: http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=classes
You can bookmark classes and watch them later. What a great way to make your daily commute or lunch hour more productive.
Instead of stressing about missing these great classes, you can make the AU experience last a lot longer and learn some great new skills.
Here's Cindy's great class and it will be very insightful for you if everyone in your firm isn't all on board with BIM.
Autodesk University - Your Company Is Ready for BIM, but Are Your Employees?
Key Learning Objective
- Analyze your company's workflow and people processes and manage the impact people can have on technology
- Develop a "BIM EMPLOYEE Execution Plan" to help motivate employees and keep morale high
- Define the human issues that go along with the nuts and bolts issues facing a company during a BIM conversion
- Create employee descriptions based on the new roles that staff will play in a BIM environment
Here are the main keynote and innovation forum classes.
Tuesday, November 27
|8:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m.||Keynote Address - Autodesk CEO Carl Bass and CTO Jeff Kowalski||Play Recording|
|10:30 a.m.–noon||Innovation Forum: The Reality of the Cloud||Play Recording|
|1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.||Innovation Forum: The Future of Making Things||Play Recording|
|3:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Innovation Forum: Everyone is a Designer||Play Recording|
|5:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Innovation Forum: The Future of Design: How the Masters Create in 2025||Play Recording|
Wednesday, November 28
|10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m.||Innovation Forum: The Collective Wisdom of Design Across Boundaries||Play Recording|
|1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.||Innovation Forum: A Better World: How Smart Design is Improving Our Planet||Play Recording|
...and some more...
• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.