Quick Links - Also see the menu above and more choices on the right side of the blog (too much, but all good stuff)

\/ ...and now BIMbuilder.com Blog Posts... \/

Thursday, January 24, 2013

An interesting thought about 3-D printing a house

I had a thought after comments that I got about 3-D printing a house. Since we have the accuracy of 3-D laser scanners that are 2 mm accurate, and we can record colors of materials of what we scan.

Wouldn't it then be cool if you can go to your favorite building in the world and scan the entire interior and exterior of the building. You would dad have created a complete replica of every architectural facet of the building.

The next logical step? Well is to get a 3-D printer that can then print out an exact copy of the building that you scanned. wouldn't that be awesome? After all it was your favorite building in the world so you don't care if it's a copy. You would actually bragged all of your friends about what you were able to do.

Thrill your children and make your own Cinderella's Castle in the back of your house are we create the garage in Ferris Bueller's Day off and you can even re-create the car in the movie.

Oh the fun you can have. Like I said it was just a thought after thinking more about that post.

I want to give a special shout out to Siri for helping me write this blog post while I am driving and actually looking in my rearview mirror and seeing a police officer behind me. Siri why didn't you let me know there was a cop behind me. No officer I had no idea how fast I was going I was in the middle of sending a tweet. Why do you ask?

 

0 comments:

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

[Valid Atom 1.0]