I had a visit yesterday from a Tekla representative who happened to be in the neighborhood. We had a great conversation about BIM, software and people. We had a good laugh when I was showing him my BIM Builder blog and he told me that he was just on it recently looking at my last Trimble blog post, which happens to be posted on the Trimble website, http://www.trimblebuildings.com/news-coverage.html linking to my post "MY TAKE ON THE VICO PURCHASE AND FUTURE OF TRIMBLE FOR CONSTRUCTION".
I guess I must have been right in what I wrote since they posted it. I tried to get more information out of him yesterday, but Trimble is very tight-lipped about future products. I know where they're going, but I'll just have to wait for the new products.
In the meantime, Trimble has an interesting construction management product that fits nicely with Tekla BIMsight. Take a look.
Model-based construction management
- Manage process information of individual building components, e.g. installation sequence and delivery lots.
- Create your own breakdown structures (WBS) easier and faster, e.g. drawing and NC file packages.
- Use-model based scheduling throughout your project from detailing to fabrication to erection
- Manage clash checks better and faster than before
Organize your BIM
Manage process information with BIM
Reduce the risk of human errors by better control of your production and with less hassle and waste. Connect the 3D model to production schedule and tasks for visual project management: as detailed – as planned – as built.
The Tekla Structures Clash Manager helps manage clashes and collisions. You can remove errors early in the project and offer conflict checking service to the contractor.
Watch how to use Construction Management in Tekla Structures:
• Join the buildingSMART alliance - National BIM Standards Provider
• Are you getting your CM-BIM credential? Click here for classes and information
• Click here to Subscribe to the blog via daily email updates for the BIM news you don't want to miss.